When you want a quick dessert recipe that is healthy and dairy-free, you’ve got to try this Vegan Strawberry Milkshake. It’s a delicious and nutritious recipe that with no refined sugars and only four ingredients. Skip the ice cream milkshake recipes and try this version instead.
You aren’t believe how easy it is to make this simple Vegan Strawberry Milkshake. It is naturally sweet and creamy, even without any dairy. I also skipped the ice cream and refined sugars and used coconut milk and dates instead.
As written, this recipe is:
- vegan, vegetarian, plant-based, and paleo.
Contents hide 1 Ingredients 2 Recipe Steps 3 Recipe Tips 4 Recipe FAQs 5 More Healthy Vegan Dessert Recipes You Might Like 6 Don’t Miss These Strawberry Recipes! 7 Vegan Strawberry Milkshake
This recipe is wholesome and uses real food ingredients.
Combine your coconut milk, frozen strawberries, dates, and vanilla extract in the base of a high-speed blender like a Blendtec or a Vitamix. If you want, you can use homemade coconut milk in this recipe.
Blend on high for about 30 seconds, or until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Once you’ve blended your vegan strawberry milkshake, then you can serve it right out of the blender. This recipe makes two servings, so you can share it or you can store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe depending on how many servings you want.
- Feel free to use full-fat coconut milk or light coconut milk. Either way, it will be delicious!
- If you prefer to make a traditional version using coconut ice cream, check out this Vegan Strawberry Milkshake recipe.
- Use a Blendtec or a Vitamix to ensure that the smoothie gets very creamy and fully blended.
Can I use light coconut milk instead of full-fat coconut milk in this recipe?
Yes, absolutely! But, the milkshake will be the most rich and creamy if you use full-fat coconut milk.
I don’t have a Vitamix. Can I make this in a regular blender?
Yes, you can! It may not be as smooth, but it will still be delicious. You may also need to add 1-2 tablespoons of water or almond milk to help the mixture get fully blended.
Can I use fresh strawberries instead of frozen strawberries?
Frozen strawberries are necessary to get the thickness of a milkshake.
More Healthy Vegan Dessert Recipes You Might Like
- Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Cherry Coconut Popsicles
- Dairy-Free Mango Ice Cream
- Frozen Grapes
- Orange Pineapple Smoothie
- Watermelon Banana Smoothie
Or, check out my entire list of healthy desserts, all made with no dairy!
Don’t Miss These Strawberry Recipes!
Cold Strawberry Bisque Soup
Vegan Panna Cotta with Strawberry Sauce
Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
Strawberry Juice Recipe (Juicer or Blender)
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.
And, consider following me on social media so we can stay connected. I’m on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 3/4 cups frozen strawberries
- 4 dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In the base of a high-speed blender, combine the coconut milk, frozen strawberries, dates, and vanilla extract.
- Process on high for about 45-60 seconds, or until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Serve cold.
- If you don’t have dates, you can use 2 tablespoons of maple syrup instead.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: dairy free strawberry smoothie, strawberry smoothie without banana, vegan strawberry smoothie
If you like this post, consider following me on social media so we can stay connected. I’m on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
About the Author: Carrie Forrest has a master’s degree in public health with a specialty in nutrition. She is a top wellness and food blogger with nearly 10 million annual visitors to her site. Carrie has an incredible story of recovery from chronic illness and is passionate about helping other women transform their health. Send Carrie a message through her contact form.